I am interested in a procedure that is not listed on the web page, do you have other procedures besides the ones listed?
At Blue Ribbon we are continuously updating and adding procedures to our list. We will gladly provide you with information and an estimate on the procedure you are interested in, within 48 hrs. of contacting a medical coordinator.
If I decide to choose Blue Ribbon as my medical provider, what steps do I have to take in order to receive treatment? ?
1. Fill out the contact form on our web-page. One of our patient coordinators will get in touch with you.
2. Our patient coordinators are physicians, so they are more than capable of answering any questions you might have. He will verify your information and start a medical history, this process should not last more than 15 minutes.
3. Our coordinator will go over your case with a specialist to plan a personalized treatment, tailored to your needs. If you wish to speak with our specialist directly, we can schedule a phone call.
4. Once we have a complete medical history, we can schedule your procedure. If you wish, we can help you make all the pertinent arrangements for your trip. Some additional lab work might be needed to complete your medical history.
5. If you are flying to San Diego or Tijuana, your coordinator, with whom you’ve been working with throughout this process, will pick you up at the terminal and drive you to your accommodation in Ensenada.
6. Depending on the procedure, some additional tests might be performed to guarantee your safety.
7. On the day of the procedure both your patient coordinator and specialist will be in attendance to make sure you get the best possible care.
8. Depending on the procedure and its extent, you might have to spend a couple of days in the hospital before being discharged. This is to guarantee your safety.
9. After your medical discharge, you can extend your stay and get to know our city, that is home to some of the most important wineries in the country. We can also help you with planning such a trip, don’t be afraid to ask.
Why are medical procedures so cheap in Mexico? Are we going to receive a quality treatment?
Due to several factors like currency exchange rate and lower salaries, make Mexico a safe and inexpensive option for your medical needs.
Although our prices are lower than in the US, our quality in patient care isn’t. Our doctors are fully capable and up to date on all the medical innovations and procedures. We have meticulously selected our medical staff in order to offer the best.
I have found more inexpensive options / you don’t have the best rates...
Yes, even though our prices are very accessible we might not be the cheapest option. That is because our main objective is to offer the best quality medical treatment at a reasonable price.
We hold our medical staff to the most rigorous international quality standards in order to guarantee excellence. both our medical staff and facilities are certified, most of our competitors are not.
Your health is an investment, not an expense.
Is it safe to have a medical procedure with Blue Ribbon?
It is very safe, we have carefully selected a group of medical specialists with advanced training and education in specific procedures, some being the best in the country.
We are also proud to say that we only work with certified institutions that are held to the highest standard in international patient care. All of this to minimize the risk of a complication during your treatment.
What does the package include?
• Medical team, comprised of a patient coordinator, specialized surgeon, anesthesiologist, surgical assistants and nurses.
• Use of Operating room (OR).
• Medications during procedure and during your hospital stay, provided there were no medical complications.
• A hospital room.
• Detailed nutrition plan with meals included during your hospital stay.
• Transportation to and from airport (San Diego or Tijuana).
• Airfare, to and from place of origin.
• Accommodations before and after procedure.
• Hospital fees and treatment if a complication should present itself. All surgical procedures carry an inherent risk, we are proud to say that we have not had a complication thus far.
Why do some procedures have a price range, or no fee listed?
The Price may vary according to each individual case, you might need added material or extra time in the OR and in the case of dental procedures, you might need treatment in more than 1 dental piece.
What are your payment methods?
We accept all major credit and debit cards, cash or wire transfers from both US and Mexican banks.
Do you have a payment plan, how does it work?
In order for us to provide our service, we will need a 500 dollar deposit to schedule OR and medical staff, the remainder of your balance will have to be paid in full before your procedure.
You can make small deposits or pay in full, it’s up to you.
Do US insurance companies cover medical expenses in Mexico?
US insurance providers don’t normally cover procedures outside the US, unless its accidental. Since our procedures are not medical emergencies or accidents, insurance will not cover the cost of the procedure.
Is a medical follow up, by your medical staff, necessary?
A Follow-up is not necessary, once you are discharged from the hospital you will be in excellent health and able to travel. You can have your follow up with your personal physician, we will send him/her your medical chart if needed.
Will I need any travel documents?
Yes, depending on your country of origin.
In most cases a Passport is more than enough, but some countries require a Visa. We Will help you out with any issue that may arise.
Can I bring someone with me?
Of course, we recommend you bring a friend or loved one to help you through the process. He or she will provide you with confidence and emotional support that will make your trip enjoyable.
Do the doctors and medical staff speak English?
Yes, all of our doctors all bilingual and even some of our patient coordinators are American citizens.
Can you help me with my accommodation?
Of course, we have partnerships with the best hotels and private residences to make your stay and recovery very comfortable. Ask your patient coordinator.
If I wish to prolong my stay in order to see the wine country, can I do so? And could you help us plan a trip to the vineyards?
Of Course! We have partnered with the best restaurants and wineries in the city, to offer you unparalleled service.
If you want to receive information about new treatments, special offers, health care and more, subscribe to our newsletter. It is free and only takes a minute.